* Follow WE/HV hockey on Twitter @MSGV_Icass *
Top 10 Westchester/Hudson Valley hockey teams
1) Suffern (8-1) — The Mounties made it look too easy against Pelham. Could this be Suffern's year?
2) Rye (7-0-1) — Section 1's last undefeated team also loves to travel. The Garnets will head up to Rochester this weekend to take on Gates-Chili and McQuaid Jesuit.
3) Monroe-Woodbury (10-1-1) — Last Friday's 8-6 win over ETB marked the 300th of coach Paul Bascardi's career. The Crusaders followed it up with a 6-1 win over South Glens Falls on Saturday.
4) Pelham (5-3) — The Pelicans, who have dropped two straight, will look to get back on track against Sleepy Hollow/Irvington on Tuesday. Solidifying the starting goalie situation is a must.
5) Eastchester/Tuckahoe/Bronxville (8-2) — ETB's first line is as good as it gets, but we already knew that. Still, the Eagles' playoff hopes hinge on getting contributions from role players.
6) Mahopac (8-3) — It wasn't pretty, however, the Indians scratched out a 4-3 win over upset-minded Kennedy Catholic/Putnam Valley on Jan. 8. Mahopac will look to avenge an early season loss to Yorktown when the two teams meet again on Jan. 13.
7) Brewster (12-1) — Has any Section 1 team gotten off to a hotter start in 2012? The Bears have opened the new year with back-to-back quality wins over John Jay-CR and Scarsdale.
8) Harvey (5-3) — The Cavaliers made a statement with a 9-4 victory over rival RCDS on Jan. 4.
9) RCDS (3-4) — The Wildcats have dropped two straight since blanking Ryetown/Harrison back on Dec. 15 and relinquished a season-high nine goals in the loss to Harvey. The two Fairchester rivals meet again at Harvey on Jan. 18.
10t) Iona Prep (7-6-2) — It has been an up and down season for Iona Prep, but a 4-3 overtime win against Greenwich (CT) on Jan. 5 was impressive.
10t) Pearl River (11-1) — The Pirates made it 10 straight with a 7-1 win over Newburgh on Sunday. Saturday's showdown with Clarkstown should be a doozy.
* Records as of 1/9
Email Isaac Cass at Icass@cablevision.com | Follow him on Twitter @MSGV_Icass