1. GARDEN CITY BOYS LACROSSE Justin Guterding had two goals and two assists, leading six different players who scored for the No. 1 nationally-ranked Trojans in a 9-3 win over Manhasset in the 122nd Woodstick Classic yesterday. Garden City finishes the regular season with Conference II-foe Wantagh on Wednesday.
2. ST. ANTHONY'S GIRLS LACROSSE The Friars continued to surge, and last week enjoyed two dominant wins over league opponents. Chrissy Schreiber and Annie Heagerty each had five goals and two assists in a win over Kellenberg. St. Anthony's, which has outscored opponents 184-70, is ranked third in the country, according to LaxPower.
3. CHAMINADE BOYS LACROSSE The Flyers are ranked No. 1 in the nation by ESPN HS and have won their last seven games by a combined 68 goals. Dan O'Connell and Tom Zenker each scored four goals in an 18-7 victory over Holy Trinity. Chaminade visits rival St. Anthony's on Thursday.
4. ST. ANTHONY'S BOYS TRACK The Friars team of Dan Graw, Stanton Ridley, James Adegbite, and Kevin Kreider clocked Long Island's fastest time this season in the 4 x 400 (3:23.51) at the Penn Relays.
5. BAY SHORE SOFTBALL Giana Panariello had two home runs this past week, while pitcher Michelle DeVito allowed one run in 13 innings to keep the Marauders unbeaten at 14-0. With the regular season wrapping up in a few weeks, they remain the favorite to take home the Suffolk Class AA title.
6. BAY SHORE GIRLS TRACK Jessica Gelibert set another meet record in the 300 hurdles (43.0 seconds) at the Puma Henderson Invitational in West Chester, Penn. Imani McGhee also won the triple jump at 38-1.
7. GARDEN CITY GIRLS TRACK Garden City completed a perfect 13-0 season in Conference II. Emma Gallagher won the 100 (12.7 seconds) and the 800 (2:23.1) and anchored the winning 4 x 100 relay (51.5) to lead the Trojans.
8. FARMINGDALE GIRLS LACROSSE The Dalers improved to 11-0 last week, including a 13-12 come-from-behind win over Garden City in which Cassie Perettine scored the winner with 1:41 left. Farmingdale is ranked 11th in the country and its high-powered offense is averaging 17.6 goals per game.
9. ST. ANTHONY'S BOYS LACROSSE Don't sleep on the Friars. Their only loss was by one goal at Chaminade very early in the season. They walloped Iona Prep and St. John the Baptist this week, are riding a nine-game winning streak and will host the Flyers in a CHSAA rematch.
10. GARDEN CITY MAROON GIRLS GOLF Garden City Maroon earned three wins this week, playing its matches on back-to-back-to-back days, to remain undefeated and up its county-match win streak to 71. Sam Sessa led the way, shooting a 4-over 41 on the front nine at Cherry Valley Golf Club on Monday.
On the outside looking in - Clarke baseball, Wantagh baseball, Half Hollow Hills girls badminton, Hauppauge girls lacrosse, Kellenberg softball, Cold Spring Harbor boys tennis, Half Hollow Hills East boys tennis.