1. ST. ANTHONY'S FOOTBALL It took a late fourth-quarter touchdown run by Anthony Duggan to clinch the Friars' 29-19 victory over Holy Cross. Pat McHugh led the defensive charge. Another good test looms on Saturday night when St. Anthony's plays at Stepinac, also 3-0 in the CHSFL. They have LI's longest current winning streak at 22.
2. BRENTWOOD BOYS SOCCER The Indians added another win last week with a 4-0 decision over Longwood. Christian Argueta had two assists as Brentwood won its 18th consecutive game and have gone 26 games without a loss, dating to Sept. 20, 2010.
3. MASSAPEQUA BOYS VOLLEYBALL Steven Woessner had 13 kills as the Chiefs swept Great Neck South to extend Massapequa's undefeated record. They have won 19 consecutive sets.
4. SACHEM EAST FIELD HOCKEY Sachem East finally allowed a goal, as Sachem North became the first team to score against them, but East won, 4-1, and improved to 7-0. The Flaming Arrows also topped rival Smithtown East, 1-0.
5. NORTH SHORE GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY The Vikings, three-time defending Nassau overall cross country champs, rolled to another league win last week, beating out Oyster Bay, Clarke and East Rockaway.
6. GARDEN CITY FIELD HOCKEY Jenna Fuchs and Alexandra Bruno each had a goal and an assist, leading the Trojans to a 4-0 win over Locust Valley in their only game last week. Garden City is now 5-0-1 and has outscored opponents, 21-2.
7. FREEPORT FOOTBALL The defending Class I Long Island Champs won again, beating Massapequa 34-16. Isaiah Barnes was 12-for-17 for 128 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 128 yards and a score.
8. LINDENHURST GIRLS VOLLEYBALL The Bulldogs (6-0) have swept their past five matches and remain the top Class AA school on Long Island.
9. ST. ANTHONY'S GIRLS SOCCER The goals, and wins, have finally started to accumulate for the Friars (4-0-4). Stephanie Paloscio had four goals and three assists as the Friars went 3-0 this week, outscoring opponents 20-0. The defense has allowed one goal in six league games.
10. SAYVILLE FOOTBALL The Golden Flashes showed off their diverse offense in a 34-21 victory over Huntington. Running backs John Haggart and Zach Sirico each gained more than 100 yards and quarterback Steven Ferreira passed for 250 yards and three touchdowns as he chases down the Long Island records in both categories.
On the outside looking in -- Shoreham-Wading River field hockey, Massapequa girls soccer, Lindenhurst boys volleyball, Lindenhurst girls volleyball, Glenn girls volleyball.