1. NORTH SHORE GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY The Vikings, ranked second nationally in all classifications by ESPN Rise, ran past the competition in their march to the state Class B title at Vernon-Verona-Sherrill in Syracuse. Samantha Nadel won the state Class B race in 19:25.5, Brianna Nerud finished second in 19:45.9 and Jessica Donohue was third in 20:01.7.
2. GARDEN CITY FIELD HOCKEY It took a goal from Alexandra Bruno with 3:09 left, but the Trojans got it done, beating Sayville, 2-1, to capture a seventh straight Long Island Class B title. Garden City, seeking its first state championship since 2008, will face Maine-Endwell in the semifinals at 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Cicero-North Syracuse.
3. SYOSSET GIRLS TENNIS The Braves won the Long Island girls tennis championship for the third straight year. This time, they beat Half Hollow Hills East, the Suffolk champion, to remain undefeated.
4. MASSAPEQUA BOYS VOLLEYBALL Chris Husmann had 20 kills and Christian Smith had 25 assists as the Chiefs beat previously undefeated Lindenhurst in three sets to win the LI title and earn a state tournament berth this Saturday at Cicero-North Syracuse High School. Massapequa (20-0) has lost only two-of-62 sets played in best-of-five matches.
5. ST. ANTHONY’S FOOTBALL The Friars extended their winning streak to 28 with a 14-10 win over Iona Prep in the semifinals of the CHSFL playoffs. The Friars set the Long Island private school record of 28 consecutive wins – which they held from 1994-96. They will meet Stepinac for the crown Friday at 7 p.m. at Mitchel Field.
6. GARDEN CITY FOOTBALL Garden City shut out Carey 27-0 to advance to the Nassau Conference II title game. Mark Ellis had 112 yards and two total touchdowns. Ellis had two interceptions, returning one 43 yards for a TD. Garden City takes on No. 2 Wantagh in the championship at 7 p.m. on Friday at Hofstra.
7. SAYVILLE FOOTBALL Quarterback Steven Ferreira set the record broke the Long Island career record for touchdown passes with his 69th – a 63-yard connection to Thomas Hannan – in the Golden Flashes’ 42-14 victory over Harborfields in Suffolk III. Ferreira was 13-for-18 for 250 yards and four TDs – on plays of 10, 73, 24 and 63.
8. SMITHTOWN EAST GIRLS VOLLEYBALL Smithtown East (19-2), following a five-set win over Lindenhurst in the Suffolk Class AA final, defeated Massapequa in four sets to capture their first LI championship since the program split into East and West teams.
9. HICKSVILLE BOYS SOCCER Hicksville won its first Long Island championship since 1983 with a 2-0 win over Brentwood in Class AA. The win ended Brentwood's run of three consecutive LIC titles. Hicksville will play in the state semifinals Saturday in Middletown. Hicksville has won two of the last three Nassau Class AA titles.
10. MACARTHUR GIRLS SOCCER Jill Mulholland scored the lone goal against Ward Melville to give the Generals their first Long Island title on Saturday. Jenny Scro and a shutdown Generals defense, which has allowed three goals all season, now look to capture a state title this weekend in Cortland.
On the outside looking in -- Ward Melville girls swimming, St. Anthony’s boys cross country, Garden City girls swimming, Lindenhurst boys volleyball.