1. LONG ISLAND LUTHERAN BOYS BASKETBALL The Crusaders continue to dominate the local competition, crushing Nassau power Baldwin, 62-33. Mical-Ryan Boyd had 13 points and five rebounds and Kentan Facey added 11 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks as Long Island Lutheran grabs the top spot in the BIG 10.
2. WANTAGH WRESTLING The Warriors improved to 17-0 in dual meets, winning the unofficial state dual meet championships at Union-Endicott a week ago and winning the most prestigious tournament of the year at the Eastern States at Sullivan CC. The Warriors scored 138 points to win the team title, besting Shenendehowa, which scored 111. Wantagh's Dan McDevitt won the 170-pound crown.
3. ELMONT BOYS INDOOR TRACK They improved on their own top U.S. time in the 4 x 400-meter relay with a 3:21.12 at last week's Hispanic Games. The team, comprising seniors Chad Barker, Ayo Obadare, Roshane Wright and Brandon Atkins, won at the Molloy Stanner Games with a 3:24.2. Obadare won the 300-meter dash in 34.40, the second-best time in the country.
4. EAST ISLIP BOYS BOWLING The Redmen continue their streak of dominance, improving to 8-0. The team has a Suffolk-high 1,117.58 average and is led by Jacob Klein (a Suffolk-high 232.25 average), Mike Kissel (229.26) and Nick DeFazio (222.50)
5. KELLENBERG GIRLS INDOOR TRACK Jazmine Fray's 2:10.96 in the 800-meter run at the Hispanic Games is currently the best time in the nation. Fray, a sophomore, won the 1,000 at the Molloy Stanner Games. Their 4 x 800-meter relay team also won.
6. EAST ISLIP GIRLS BOWLING The Redmen secured a berth in the county tournament last week, beating West Islip and improving to 7-0 in league play. Lena Sorrentino, Olivia Lopera and Nichole Baione each rolled better than a 640 series in the win. East Islip is second among girls with a 1,005 average.
7. SMITHTOWN/HAUPPAUGE HOCKEY The Bulls have been on a roll after defeating Suffolk powerhouses Half Hollow Hills and Connetquot/Sayville. Daniel Nelson has four goals and three assists in his last three games and Michael Gioia has three goals and an assist in his last three contests.
8. MIDDLE COUNTRY GIRLS BOWLING The Cougarines had a strong surge last week, winning both league matches and topping 1,000 pins in five of their six games. Kelly Skalacki, who rolled a 300 game on Thursday, leads Suffolk with a 225 average, and teammate Melissa Sherwin is second (222.6). Middle Country's 1,012.9 average leads all girls.
9. AMITYVILLE BOYS BASKETBALL The Warriors easily defeated East Hampton, 73-57, behind Kavione Green (21 points) and Andy Laurent (20). Green had 13 points in a 60-56 victory over Mt. Sinai.
10. SACHEM EAST WRESTLING The Flaming Arrows had four champions at the Sachem North Invitational tournament led by Jakob Restreppo and Conor O'Hara. They are 17-1 in dual meets and the favorite to win the Suffolk sectional tournament.
On the outside looking in: Garden City girls indoor track, St. Anthony's girls basketball, AND Long Island Lutheran girls basketball.