Power rankings: LI girls basketball (1/3/12)
1. St. Anthony’s (7-2): The Friars went 2-1 in the Braggin’ Rights Classic in Cincinnati. They lost to DuPont Manuel, 66-56. Symone Kelly had 17 points and 16 rebounds. Then the Friars defeated Digital Harbor, 42-34 before Shannon White scored 21 points in a 57-44 win over Chaminade-Julienne. Junior point guard Rebecca Musgrove missed all three games with a quad injury.
2. Long Island Lutheran (9-1): Boogie Brozoski had 23 points and five assists and Paige Kriftcher had 12 points and four assists for the Crusaders in a 56-42 win over Francis Lewis in the Chicken Murphy and Murry Bergtraum Tip-Off Classic at Murry Bergtraum.
3. Sachem East (3-1): Sachem East defeated St. Mary’s, 58-32. Senior Meagan Doherty scored a career-high 27 points.
4. St. John the Baptist (7-5): The Cougars went 2-1 in the Diamond State Classic in Delaware, losing in the finals to South Shore, 40-39. Brianna Thomas scored 14 points. SJB beat Sanford, 55-26 as Anastasia Williams scored 21 points. Williams scored on a putback as time expired in a 48-47 win over Ursuline in the semifinals. Williams had 19 points and 21 rebounds and Thomas had 14 points and 17 rebounds.
5. Holy Trinity (6-3): Katie Poppe had 20 points and nine rebounds and Kelly Carey scored 20, including six three-pointers in a 67-42 win over Mount DeSales in Maryland Holiday Classic in Baltimore. The Titans also defeated Rawlan Park in the Classic, 70-56. Poppe scored 25 and Allison Brennan scored 20.
6. Lindenhurst (4-0): The Bulldogs had the week off.
7. North Babylon (2-3): Jalen Powell hit a three-pointer at the buzzer in a 35-34 win over Baldwin at the Baldwin Tournament. Brianna Jones had 15 points, eight rebounds and five assists. The Bulldogs then lost to Bergtraum, 56-25. North Babylon hosts Riverhead Tuesday.
8. Baldwin (3-1): Alex Hampton scored 12 points in a 35-34 loss to North Babylon.
9. Sacred Heart (8-4): Sacred Heart picked up wins over Division, South Side, and Freeport to capture the Lady Devils Tournament at Freeport. Nina Corcoran was named Tournament MVP.
10. Glenn (7-0): Glenn defeated Smithtown East, 57-15 and Deer Park, 59-27. Allison McKenna had 25 points and 13 rebounds against Deer Park.
On the bubble: Riverhead (6-1), Harborfields (7-0), Massapequa (6-1), Kellenberg (5-4), MacArthur (4-0)