1. ST. ANTHONY’S FOOTBALL The winning streak is up to 24, but it wasn’t easy as the Friars overcame a 7-3 halftime deficit and held off Xaverian, 16-14. Up next: Another potential tough one, as St. Anthony’s hosts rival Chaminade (5-1 overall, 4-1 in CHSFL) on Friday night.
2. SACHEM EAST FIELD HOCKEY The Flaming Arrows just keep moving and squashing any doubt along the way. Sachem East defeated East Islip, 1-0, and beat Ward Melville, 4-0, for a second time last week to maintain a flawless record.
3. MASSAPEQUA BOYS VOLLEYBALL In a match of unbeatens, the Chiefs swept Plainview JFK to take sole possession of first place in Conference I at 10-0. They’ve won 23 consecutive sets.
4. NORTH SHORE GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY The Vikings continue to roll and are undefeated in league meets. Led by Brianna Nerud and Samantha Nadel, North Shore is poised to repeat as state champions.
5. GARDEN CITY FIELD HOCKEY Garden City dominated its three games last week, outscoring opponents 21-0. That includes a 5-0 win over Cold Spring Harbor, whom they had tied in September.
6. FREEPORT FOOTBALL Isaiah Barnes was 8-for-11 for 132 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 104 yards and two touchdowns to lead Freeport over Uniondale, 27-18. Leondre Simmon had a 28-yard TD catch and added an interception and forced fumble for the defending Class I champs.
7. LINDENHURST GIRLS VOLLEYBALL In two Suffolk League II wins, Emily Clemens totaled 55 assists and 22 kills as the Bulldogs remained undefeated (10-0) as the top Class AA school on Long Island.
8. SAYVILLE FOOTBALL The big story in the Golden Flashes’ 41-0 victory over Bellport was the record-setting performance of quarterback Steven Ferreira. With 237 yards passing, Ferreira became Long Island’s all-time leader in career passing yardage with 5,384 . . . and counting. With three more TD passes, Ferreira has 59 and should challenge the Long Island career mark of 68.
9. SACHEM EAST BOYS SOCCER The surprising Flaming Arrows continue to roll. Three teams in their league were picked by coaches to finish ahead of them, but the Flaming Arrows are unbeaten. They picked up three more wins without allowing a goal, including a 1-0 win over Ward Melville. Ansel Ueshiro had two goals and one assist in the three wins.
10. ST. ANTHONY’S GIRLS SOCCER Facing their toughest CHSAA opponent in Sacred Heart, the unbeaten Friars (8-0-4) emerged with a 4-1 win behind goals from Genevieve Crescenzo, Jessica Lucas, Reanna Marino and Margo McGinty.
On the outside looking in -- St. Anthony’s boys cross country, Farmingdale girls soccer, Lindenhurst boys volleyball, Lindenhurst girls volleyball, Brentwood boys soccer, Glenn girls volleyball.