1. BAY SHORE SOFTBALL Courtney Syrett was 5-for-7 with three home runs, a triple and eight RBIs as the defending Class AA state champs kept their perfect season alive against Brentwood and Commack. Erika Traina was 3-for-3 and tossed a two hitter in the win over Brentwood. Bay Shore is 8-0.
2. WEST ISLIP BOYS LACROSSE The Lions jump to the top spot after an 8-7 victory over previously No. 1 Chaminade on Saturday. Kyle Turri made 12 saves and Conor Braddish scored three goals. West Islip, which also beat Sachem North on Tuesday, extended its winning streak to 27 straight, dating back to the 2010 season opener when the Flaming Arrows won in overtime.
3. GARDEN CITY GIRLS LACROSSE At this point, they're just making it look too easy. The Trojans won three games last week, capping it with a 16-3 victory over upstate power Guilderland on Saturday in which Garden City led 12-0 at halftime.
4. CHAMINADE BOYS LACROSSE The Flyers lost their first game of the season, 8-7, to host West Islip in a tough defensive battle on Saturday. Matt Kavanagh had four goals and two assists in a losing effort and continues to have a standout season.
5. WARD MELVILLE BOYS LACROSSE The Patriots won a 10-9 overtime thriller over Smithtown West on Wednesday in a game that began on Tuesday but was halted by lightning with six minutes left.
6. LINDENHURST BASEBALL The defending state champions swept Central Islip and improved to 5-1 to stay in first place in Suffolk League II.
7. COLD SPRING HARBOR BOYS TENNIS In two conference matches this past week, CSH won 13-of-14 matches against quality teams Syosset and Jericho. The first doubles team of Jensen Reiter and Alex Tropiano won a come-from-behind three-setter against Syosset.
8. NORTHPORT GIRLS LACROSSE The Tigers improved to 7-0 with a 16-9 win over defending Suffolk Class A champion Bay Shore on Saturday. Northport has outscored opponents 143-44 and last week climbed to No. 3 in the ESPN Rise national poll.
9. EAST MEADOW SOFTBALL Taylor Conti’s game-tying RBI-single in the seventh inning helped East Meadow come back to beat Mepham as the defending county champions stayed on top in Nassau
10. CHAMINADE BOYS GOLF The Flyers continue to roll along, as John Reali shot an even-par 37 on the front nine at Cherry Valley Country Club in Thursday’s 7-0 victory over St. Mary’s. They have an entire lineup capable of shooting close to even-par for nine holes. No other team on the Island can match that type of depth.